When I was asked to write a short list of my favorite things to use in my writing life, I thought it would be easy to come up with dozens of items.
Writing has been a part of my life for so long, I was sure there were dozens of things I really like to use in my work.
I didn't want to put a computer or printer, though those are probably the most used items in my office. Nor did I want to list my Microsoft Office software, my photo software, or other such obvious items.
However, I was only able to come up with a few other items. They are listed below.
Six Favorite Writer Tools
- Pentel R.S.V.P. Ballpoint Pen Assorted Ink Colors, 8 Pack Both as a writer and as an editor, I use ink of different colors to make the comments on documents more easily located. Since I am a visual learner, using color ink pens makes it easier for me to remember when I am taking a class, too.
- Journal/Notebook with Elastic Closure I love blank books. I use them for daily to-do lists, for article ideas, for notetaking, and for doodling with different colors ink when I can't think of what to write.
- Romance Writer's Phrase Book I use this so much that I have nearly worn it out. I should really get a new one. It is the perfect reference when I am trying to come up with an action that shows an emotion.
- Hamilton Beach Electric Kettle, Cordless I absolutely love my water kettle. It heats water faster than I can heat it on the stove, and has a safety feature that cuts it off so that it won't boil dry. I use this to heat water for cocoa, to help food get started, since I can add boiling water to the pan before it would boil on the stove, and most importantly, for instant cappacino and hot tea.
- Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Armor Shockproof / Waterproof 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Military Grade External Portable Hard Drive This is my lifesaver. I don't have to worry that my data will be lost if I drop it in a rain puddle. I can't tell you how good that feels--not that I tend to drop things in rain puddles, but I do worry about such things. Imagination on overdrive, you know?
- Portable Hard Drive Carrying Case This case would let me safely carry my portable harddrive with me.